2012 Volvo owners gets Windows Phone telematics app
Its nice to get official apps directly from companies, and the latest is directed at Volvo owners with recent model cars who also use Windows Phones
Starting from model year 2012, Volvo has released an app with the ability to access your vehicle from your Windows Phone. This requires that your car is equipped with a Volvo On Call Telematics unit.
If your car conforms with these requirements you will, depending on your model be able to:
- See vehicle dashboard values, such as fuel level, trip meters, and more, in the App.
- Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
- Locate your vehicle on a map or using the vehicle signal horn and turn indicators.
- See the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
- Lock and unlock the vehicle.
- Request road side assistance from the App.
- Have an electronic driving journal, that will create trip reports for every trip made with the vehicle.
The Volvo V60 PLUG-IN HYBRID is unfortunately not supported by the app.
Even if you do not currently own a Volvo that fits the bill you can still install the App and use it in demonstration mode, in-order to see some of the functionality offered by the Volvo On Call Telematics system.
Find the free app in the Windows Phone Store here.