An update has been released to Walk-Run-Bike-Drive, the Swiss Army Knife of GPS location tracking and mapping apps. It is available to the World-Wide Marketplace. Now at version 1.6, recent new features include social sharing of GPS location, instant speed and average speed, altitude, and compass course.
Designed for Mango, the app is titled: Walk-Run-Bike-Drive because it is designed to be useful for a variety of outdoor activities:
- Track your walks, runs, bike trails, cross country skiing, etc.
- Store multiple recurring routes to drive, walk, bicycle, jog.
- Or, simply record the location where you parked your car.
- Track elapsed time, distance, average speed.
- Display course, altitude, current speed.
- Record new routes.
- Geocache hunting.
- Share GPS location on Facebook, Twitter, Live.
- Pick-up from multiple addresses and find the best route.
- Deliver to several locations.
- Useful for Home Health Car Professional, visiting Nurse, Salesman, Garage Sale addict.
- Record where you parked your car so you can return to that spot easily.
- Share your routes and tracks with others using standard GPX files.
- Use routes and tracks from sharing sites.
- Review and relive your past hikes, trips, adventures.
Walk-Run-Bike-Drive gives you several ways to quickly build a list of multiple addresses, or “waypoints”. You can enter an address manually, pick from the phone’s contact list, use the current GPS location (and find its address), enter a latitude/longitude, and select from saved favorite routes. Entered addresses can otionally be saved to your phone’s contacts too.
To view your progress, switch to the map view and turn on tracking. Your track is marked on the map as you go. Elapsed time, distance, and average speed are displayed and updated as you walk, run, bike, kayak, or drive.
Maintain notes for each waypoint. Save multiple routes and export GPX to SkyDrive, phone, or clipboard for sharing, emailing, and uploading to sharing and tracking web sites, or just for your own personal record keeping.
Save your routes to your SkyDrive, phone, or clipboard for sharing, emailing, and uploading to sharing and tracking web sites. Save any number of routes that can be opened later. Exported GPX files are compatible with many web sites featuring sport tracking and sharing, such as:
DailyMile.com – Free import/export sharing GPX
gobreadcrumbs.com – skiing and hiking trails
MapMyRide.com – Bike routes
strava.com – Bike routes
everytrail.com – Hiking trails
bing.com/maps – Bing Maps MyPlaces
Check out your friends travels by importing their GPX files. Examine routes and tracks you would like to try out — view them on your phone, or modify them by adding and deleting your own waypoints.
Download the free trial in Marketplace here.
App web site with description: walk-run-bike-drive.com