Birdsong: a new Twitter client for Windows Phone 7
Red Badger are pleased to announce the release of Birdsong for Windows Phone 7, a premium Twitter application. Birdsong provides a native, performant and functionally rich experience throughout. Its innovative design has features such as infinite scrolling and off-line viewing that are powered by a custom document database.
Version 1 has shipped with a hatful of cool functionality and thereâ€™s lots more to come (version 1.1 is in development already).
A feature list includes:
- Configure your home screen timelines â€“ add up to 5 timelines, in any order (including lists and search results).
- High performance, infinite scrolling (no “load more” buttons).
- Integrated picture viewing with all major picture sharing services (twitpic, yfrog, flickr, plixi and moby).
- Threaded conversations for replies and direct messages.
- Direct messages threaded and organized like an email inbox.
- Intelligent local cache enabling offline viewing.
- Map previews and Bing Maps integration for geo-tagged tweets.
- Share photos with TwitPic integration.
- Integrated web browser â€“ no need to leave the application to follow links.
- Status Bar â€“ showing unread message counts for each timeline.
- At-a-glance icons in your timeline let you see enhanced information for each tweet such as photos, location and conversations.
- Explore your friendsâ€™ profiles, timelines and connections.
- Fully integrated with your phoneâ€™s theme and accent color.
Birdsong is available now in the Windows Phone Marketplace (link to Zune here) and has a (more or less) fully featured trial.
Donâ€™t forget â€“ version 1.1 is on its way, with even more functionality, but in the mean time if there is anything you want adding please let us know via our feedback forum here.
Some screenshots of the application are as follows: