Wondering what carols to play by your Christmas tree this 25th? Why not go for dynamically generated melodies based on Christmas tweets coming in?
Just a week before Christmas, Christmas Chimes was launched on the Windows Phone store available for download here; at $0.99 (free trial available) limited time offer, for the holiday season. Christmas Chimes lets you login to your twitter and plays tunes based on new tweets coming in.
Additionally, Chimes also has a New Year’s filter available. The full version of Chimes lets you set custom filters too, so you could as easily set it to play tweets from the next Super Bowl!
Don’t forget to download while the prices are low. Find Christmas Chimes on the Windows Phone store here.
If you play music professionally or personally, for money or for fun, do not miss a chance to check out the new version of one of the best tuner app available in
the store. Airyware Tuner 1.6 brings you the lightning fast pitch detection, strobe/needle dual view, noise filtering, pitch pipe, orchestra calibration, temperament
support, and more. You will fall in love with the just updated waveform inspector and be astonishing with the tuner accuracy. Airyware Tuner is powered by 64-bit
NeatTimbre™ DSP engine heavily optimized for Snapdragon™ processors so it works great even for older Windows Phone 7 devices and no CPU cycles are wasted…
Airyware Tuner 1.6 feature list:
• 9 octave tuning range: 15…8000 Hz
• up to 0.1 cent accuracy
• ambient noise reduction
• linear needle meter
• stroboscopic view mode
• waveform inspector
• high-contrast display
• sharp/flat/3b2# notations
• ref. A 440 ± 99 cents: ~ 416…465 Hz
• auto-calibration to live sound
• scale transposition ± 12 semitones
• tone generator, pitch pipe: C2…B4
• internal/headset microphone support
• 400+ instruments, 900+ tunings
• popular historical temperaments
• target note audition: C0…B7
• favorite tunings
• feature request gateway
FREE TRIAL is fully functional, check it out.
Download: Airyware Tuner 1.6.
Trial: yes, fully functional, ad-free.
Europe’s most watches news channel has come to Windows Phone.
The service is backed by 400 journalists from more than 30 nationalities and offers a unique, independent and totally impartial perspective on world events.
The app is set to become even better with new programs and features, including live streaming of Euronews TV, news quiz, bookmarks for your favourite stories and a search engine.
The app can be found in the Windows phone Store here.
Music Hits, the ultimate music downloader for Windows Phone got updated in Windows Phone Store. The new update brings new impressive features to the app. Most of the features were driven by user feedback from around the world. The new update brings these new features:
- Batch Import: This feature is the most requested one. It allows importing of multiple tracks into music+videos library at once. No matter how many tracks you have downloaded, just with one single tap all the tracks will be imported directly into music+videos library. The update also allows editing & auto-numbering of tracks before importing into music+videos library.
- Album Art: The new update preserves album art and will display it in downloaded tracks and also in music+videos library. Moreover, the new update brings the ability to search and to change album art for any downloaded track.
- Playlists: Playlists also got enhancements, in addition to managing playlists, sorting of tracks within playlist is now possible.
- Search Results: Search for tracks now support linking to full album. Tapping on any track from within the search result will display all tracks of the album.Music Hits has all the features you will need from a music app. You can browse top and latest albums, stream and listen to online music, download full albums to your phone storage, import downloaded music into music + videos library, save music as ringtones, create playlists from any online and/or downloaded music and more …
- Browse top and latest albums & search for albums and songs (no browser required)
- Sort and filter results by albums/artists
- Stream and listen to online music before downloading
- Download music to phone storage
- Provides two download methods: background and pause/resume
- Import downloaded music into music + videos with the ability to edit track info
- Save downloaded music as ringtones, you can use the ringtone extractor to extract customizable ringtones from any music
- Create and play playlists
- Background audio player supports shuffling and repeating mode
A trial version is available, you can download it from the Windows Phone Store. The full version costs $1.99
A simple and beautiful weather experience.
New Features and Updates
- New Live Tile
- Option to show current location on the lockscreen and in the app
- Option to use ‘apparent’ temperature, how the weather feels
- Show wind direction on lockscreen, in app and on the live tile
- Various minor tweaks and fixes
This update is all about addressing users comments and requests, please keep the emails coming!
Simple and beautiful weather experience, live tile, and complex lock screen functionality. Daily and weekly textual summaries, Bing pictures of the day from around the world and much more!
Weather hound provides a ‘situational report’ for your day, one glance and you are set!
- International weather
- Highly customizable lock screen
- Beautiful weather icons
- Bing wallpaper support from around the world
- Solid color lockscreen support
- Current weather forecast
- 7 day weather forecasts
- 24 hourly weather forecasts
- Daily and weekly textual summaries
- Bing country/region is selectable
- Custom wallpaper support
- Live tile support
- Current and day chance of precipitation
- Day and week text summaries of weather
- Multiple unit support, Celsius, Fahrenheit and others
- Simple interface
- Highly customizable
- Dark & light theme support
- Ability to add NYC MTA Subway information
Selling at $0.99 - Download Now from App Store
Paramount has published an official promotional app for the new Anchorman 2 movie to the Windows Phone Store.
The app features a simple swipe to toss game called "Scotchy Scotch Toss" which is described as “a game of deception, intrigue and ice.”.
The game features 4 different locations: The News Teams’ new NYC apartment, Ron’s shag-tastic RV, the 24 hour newsroom, and Tino’s Jazz Bar and will even let you print out a life-sized copy to play the drinking game at home.
It also features tons of brand new iconic lines from Ron Burgundy, voiced by Will Ferrell.
The $0.99 game, unfortunately without a free trial, can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.
Gif Chat is a Snapchat/Vine-like messaging app on iOS, Android and now Windows Phone which allows users to send looping video clips up to 6 seconds + text captions privately to your friends. The app includes both the ability to send ever-lasting or self-destructing messages and to limit the number of loops.
Unlike both Vine and Snapchat, Gif Chat is brand new, having only been released in August this year, meaning Windows Phone users did not have to wait years for it to arrive, like the earlier apps, which is of course rather good news, and hopefully an indication of what’s to come for other new apps.
The free app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.
See a video demo after the break.
In the above humorous video Nokia shows off their Nokia Storyteller app, which they claim can tell a story a lot better than you can.
The app, which is already available in beta form to Nokia Lumia 1520 owners, lets you automatically sorts all your photos, videos and cinemagraphs into interactive groups called stories. Your timeline is where you can browse all your stories and modify them, then view them as slideshows or share them with friends.
You can also sort your photos and videos by location, as well as add captions to tell even more of the story. Plus, when you’re looking at a photo, you can zoom out to see where you took it on a map.
If you are a lucky Nokia Lumia 1520 owner you can find it in the Windows Phone Store here.
Overlay your photos funny item from christmas theme ! Save or share with your friends your photos on facebook, twitter or any other accounts sharing you have! Other libraries of items are available through an inexpensive in-app purchase
|full list of features :
Download Christmas Camhere or scan the QR code.
Cal is a brand new calendar app. The app is superbly clean and minimalist looking, really eye catching. It is designed to be simple and intuitive to use while maintaining a lot of functionality.
Cal allows you to sync with your Microsoft Account or Google Account. This enables you to edit or delete appointments from within the app. This is not all though, Cal also allows you to connect to your Facebook account! You will be able to see your friends birthdays or your upcoming events.
In addition, Cal features a beautiful Live Tile which you can customize with your choice of color or even a background image. It’s also possible to show or hide various items, letting you personalize Cal to your liking.
You can find Cal here.
Nokia has posted a minor update to the Nokia Here Transit app from version 5.0.2197.0 to version 5.0.2231.0.
Given the small increment in version numbers and the lack of a change log the update is likely of the bug fixing variety.
The update appears to address an issue where the app stopped loading data from some regions, making it somewhat useless.
Find the app in the Windows Phone Store here.
Thanks Rui for the tip.
The official 500px app is now available for download from Windows Phone Store. 500px is an online platform for photographers similar to Flickr to share their work and be inspired by their peers.
- Stay up to date on your friends’ activity using our innovative Flow.
- Sign up for 500px using your favorite social network or with your email address
- Explore the Popular, Editors’ Choice, Upcoming and Fresh feeds, as well as other feeds of amazing photography with the swipe of a finger
- Filter Photos using Categories
- Use the search capability to find photographs that match a specific search term
- Tap on a photograph and view it in full-screen mode. Tap again to display stats, comments or votes about this photograph
- Beautiful Lock Screen photo: Use Settings -> Lock Screen Settings to configure your background and view fresh and inspiring photographs
- Use Live Tile to customize your tile sizes and bring 500px photographs right to your home screen
- Interact with the community by commenting on photo, liking them, or adding them to your favorites for later viewing
- Receive and access notifications when the community members interact with you and your photos
Download it here from Windows Phone Store.
Maxthon, developer of the popular cross-platform browser with more than 120 million users, today announced the coming release of its newest Windows Phone browser. The latest update features enhanced performance and navigation functions such as quick tab recovery and customization options to make browsing on a Windows smartphone easier, faster and more enjoyable.
"Every platform has its own unique user-experience challenges, including Windows Phone," said Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon. "This latest release continues our longstanding history of solving platform-specific UX issues to offer the best web browsing experience for the specific platform."
Driven by user feedback from around the world, Maxthon’s enhanced mobile browsing for Windows Phones has been updated with the following new features:
- Tab Recovery: With just one click of a button, easily access and restore the last page visited
- Progress Bar: Conveniently monitor Maxthon’s impressively fast page load speeds
- Smooth Scrolling: Scroll through pages with ease for natural transitions
- Customizable UI Color: Choose a customized UI color for more personalization
- Optimized Memory Usage: The best for Windows Phone web browsers. Use multiple tabs at once without being impacted by slower speeds or the fear of crashing
"Conservatively speaking, approximately 2 billion smartphones will hit the market in 2014. Gartner analysts are predicting 15% of these to be Windows," said Karl Mattson, VP of Maxthon’s International Efforts. "We’re excited to be in a position to offer those potential customers a high performance web browser to really make that experience sing."
Additionally, Maxthon recently announced its latest Windows PC web browser with superior speed input that renders web pages and manages downloads faster than any other browser in the world.
The current version of Maxthon for Windows Phone can be found here, with the updated version expected shortly.
Nokia today updated their Creative Studio app for Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices. This is a minor update with no new features but with bug fixes and stability improvements.
General stability improvements and storage related enhancements.
Make more of your pictures with this quick and easy photo editor. Exclusive to Nokia Lumia, simply swipe through a series of creative effects, add focus blur or create an impressive color pop effect. With Nokia Creative Studio, you can also create a beautiful collage, quickly adjust color balance and remove red eye. When you’re done, share your pictures directly with friends on Facebook and Twitter. Nokia Creative Studio is also a great partner app for Nokia’s other Lumia camera apps.
Download it here from the Windows Phone Store for free.
Few months back, Microsoft announced that Citrix is working on GoToMeeting app for Windows Phone devices. Today, the app was released in Windows Phone Store and you can download the free app to join or start a meeting in seconds. View slide presentations, design mockups, spreadsheets, reports – whatever meeting presenters choose to share onscreen and communicate over the built-in internet audio or phone conference. It is also worth noting that Citrix has already released its Receiver app for Windows Phone devices.
- Start a scheduled meeting or launch an instant meeting on the fly.
- Join meetings and webinars in seconds by entering the Meeting ID or tapping a link in an email or calendar appointment.
- View presentations, mockups and reports – whatever the presenter shares on-screen.
- Connect to audio through your Internet connection or dial-in over the phone.
- Pinch to zoom meeting content.
- Switch to landscape or portrait mode to customize your meeting view.
Download it here from Windows Phone Store for free.