Nokia Amber is meant to bring a number of goodies to WP8 Nokia Lumia users. Polish site nokiawindowsphone.pl claims to have the full changelog of the update, which reads as below (machine translated):
- Glance Screen Clock Charging indicator / low battery Indicator for silent / vibra mode, night mode (change color for night time). OFF by default.
- Smart camera capture the best moment. Accidental remove unwanted objects from the scene. Select the best shot and precise moment. Sequence take a group of images with advanced face, smile and blink detection. The, best ‘face for each person is automatically selected into a single, best’ shot.
- FM Radio Be ready to tune your favorite station – FM Radio is BACK! Store your favorite stations for the next time.
- HERE branding Location & Commerce
- Here Maps v3.4 Your compass is a discovery What’s New: Increased venue map coverage Favorites saved in HERE Maps now sync across all HERE experiences Personalized Live Tile options: Pin and Pin destination to start a place to start as favorite Pin Pin to start a place category to start
- Here Drive + v2.2 The open road made ??easy What’s New: Sync favorite places with other apps HERE and here.com Customize your map to display relevant points of interest, dry as restaurants, gas stations, and more one-tap access to speed limit Alert options right from the dashboard Personalized Live Tile options: Pin to Start a destination (one tap gives driving directions to That destination)
- Here Transit v3.5 Now arriving: the best way across town What’s New: Access your favorites through your searches Display nearby stations directly on a map opens Transit Maps to display more route options Transit Maps opens to display the battles navigation options Personalized Live Tile: Pin a destination like Home, Work, or School to start (one tap shows public transit routes and times to get there from wherever you are)
- Flip to silence Flip the phone to turn it silence.
- Datasense Managing your data flow monitor and control data usage Optimally compressing web traffic.
- Find your closest hotspot Enriched web services (for operators).
I think it is notable that there is no mention made of Bluetooth LE support, which means that while this may be an official list, it is not comprehensive.
Nokia Amber of course comes with GDR2, which itself brings:
Most recent data suggests the update will start rolling out by the middle of August to handsets.