A bit closer to believable is the HTC Obsession. The smartphone appears to be an upgraded HTC HD2, with 4GB internal storage, 3.7 inch capacitive AMOLED screen 5 megapixel camera and 720p video recording.
The full specs are below.
- Launching: October 2010
- CPU: Qualcomm QSD8250; 1GHz
- GSM HSDPA
- Device Size: 112 x 56 x 11.7 mm
- Memory (RAM/ROM): 512MB/512MB
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- Screen Size/Type: 3.7-inch capacitive AMOLED â€œMultitouch Supportedâ€
- Camera: 5.0 Megapixel AF with flash; HD 720p video@ 25fps
- Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4
- Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3 (.mp3)
- Battery: Removable 1230 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to 10 hours
- Standby Time: 240 hours
- Internet Use: 6 hours (3G), 7.5 hours (WiFi)
- Video Playback: 7 hours
- Audio Playback: 24 hours
The handset is meant to look like the HTC Imagio and may be shown off at Mobile World Congress demoing WM7. It is set to be released in October, almost exactly a year after the HTC HD2 was first released.
Will this handset make any-one hold off buying a HTC HD2 now? Let us know below.