The GPS training app Marathon have been updated for Windows Phone 8 and include many of the new capabilities of the OS. The most widely requested feature is the ability to run completely in the background, allowing you to use other apps without interrupting Marathon.
This version also adds:
- The new Nokia Maps, including a 3D mode.
- A new wide Live Tile with information about your latest result.
- The ability to open GPX files and save them on the device or share to marathon-mobile.net, Twitter and Facebook.
- The first and currently only app on the Store that can open KML files and view the route on a map.
Got a Windows Phone 7 device? Donâ€™t worry; the app is still available and packed with features such as:
- Bing Maps.
- Live Tracking â€“ Let your friends follow your progress in almost real time.
- Backup and restore of data through the online service.
- Records speed, distance, calorie consumption, altitude change and much more.
- Export to KML and GPX.
- Achievements (not related to Xbox Live).
- Share on marathon-mobile.net, Twitter and Facebook.
|Premium with trial ($1.99):