Microsoft today announced that they are adding $15,000 worth of prizes to the Â Windows Phone Next App Star challenge. Developers will be able to win prizes starting from Nokia Lumia 920 to Windows Phone prime-time TV ad spot in the U.S. it is a global contest, so any developer around the world can participate.
- ROUND ONE (64 apps) Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone, featured promotion in the Windows Phone Store, exposure for winning apps via online media, and a 1-year free subscription to the Windows Phone Dev Center
- ROUND TWO (32 apps) Nokia Wireless Charging Pillow by Fatboy (phone not included)
- ROUND THREE (16 apps) JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker for Nokia and inclusion in theWindows Phone Next App Star Collection
- ROUND FOUR (8 apps) Sony Vaio Touchscreen Ultrabook
- ROUND FIVE (4 apps) App featured in an episode of Hot Apps on Microsoft Channel 9
- ROUND SIX (2 apps) Invited to participate in a Microsoft developer conference. Airfare, up to three nightsâ€™ hotel accommodations and conference fees will be paid by Microsoft
- GRAND PRIZE (1) In addition to the prizes listed above, one grand prize winner will receive the opportunity to have their app featured in a Windows Phone prime-time TV ad in the U.S.
Read full details about the contest here.
Source: Windows Phone blog