Money Manager Pro now supports to WP8, adds voice commands
Money Manager Pro, is one of the most powerful and complete apps for personal finance management which lets you manage all your flows, accounts and cards.
Now adds support to WP8 and brings a few new features:
- WP8 performance improvements
- new firsst usage wizard
- voice commands (beta version)
Let’s now spend a minute on new features:
First usage wizard
A weak point of Money Manager Pro has always been the first usage: the insertion of some info is required in this phase: a bank, (almost) an account and then the related cards. This
annoying operations are needed in order to take advantage of all the app capabilities…
Now we added and new simple wizard: an assistant guides the user through the app initialization and explain how to manually insert all the required info or automatically creates
standard user info: “my bank”, “my account”, “my ATM card”, etc in order to let the user immediately start enjoying the app.
Only SkyDrive account data still need to be manually inserted.
This is the strongest new feature. With voice commands user can:
- load reports page by saying “MoMa show reports“
- load previous months reports by saying “MoMa show report previous months“
- load previous month reports by saying “MoMa show report [month_name] 2013“, i.e: “MoMa show report may 2012“
- load “all flows report” by saying “MoMa show all flows“
- start new backup by saying “MoMa start new backup“
- open backup page by saying “MoMa restore backup“
- add new expense/income by saying “MoMa add expense” or “MoMa add income“. By using this command the app opens the “new flow” pageand wait for a second command to insert flow data, i.e. “restaurant 60 dollars cash“
WP8 needs a prefix for voice commands in order to details which app the command is related to. Being the app name a little bit long, we decided to shorten it into MoMa
Let’s now remember the other app main features:
- FLOWS INSERTION
- Wizard to simply insert your flows.
- Detailed reports and charts:
- current month balance
- previous months reports
- detailed month report
- ‘All flows’ report (total amount for both expenses and incomes, most frequent flows and most relevant items + charts) custom reports: you can filter flows by items, period, flow type (card/account/cash), expenses/incomes
- By right/left rotating your phone you can visualize 2 different charts for each report. You can also save each report as a PDF file or as a Excel file
- CASH & CARDS
- ‘Cash’ page to manage your available cash money and visualize last cash flows. Possibility to manage your debit, credit and pre-paid cards.
- Possibility to simply insert schedules for recursive flows by specifying the description, the amount, the start date, end date (if present), recurrence and flow type (card/account/cash)
- SKYDRIVE + REMINDER
- You can save all your data on your SkyDrive as encrypted files, within ‘My Documents’ folder and restore them whenever you want. You can also set up a reminder for the backup with a custom recurrence.
- Protect your data from being observed by someone else by using a password at app start up
- WP8 LIVE TILES (including the wide one)
- Use live tiles to keep you up to date about your accounts and cards or access you preferred pages
- ACTIVITIES, CATEGORIES and ITEMS
- The app contains 2 main activities (Home and Work) and, for each of them, several categories and items for common needs. Anyway you can customize them by adding new ones, removing useless ones and by changing relationships between them
Money Manager Pro can be found in Windows Phone Store for FREE until the end of April, then it will cost $ 2.99