Samsung is really tearing it up in the second half of 2009 when it comes to Windows Mobile phones. We have seen the first render of the Samsung Louvre yesterday, and today the first real picture showed up at the Beyond3D forums.
The specs are below, and what is really striking is Samsung finally moving away from their proprietary ports to what we have always wanted â€“ mini/microUSB and 3.5mm headphone jacks. That 800 Mhz CPU and AMOLED WVGA screen does not hurt either:
The specs are:
- 3.5 AMOLED 16M colours resistive screen WVGA (800×480)
- 800Mhz CPU
- 5.1Mpx Autofocus Camera with LED flash
- Slide Out Qwerty keyboard
- 2 UIs (Pro & Media, with a dedicated button to switch between them)
- 3.5" Headphone jack
- MicroUSB connetor
- Divx/WMV/H.264 accellerations
- FM Radio
- DNLA support
- 1GB internal memory + SDHC up to 32G
Our informer Makram reports Samsungâ€™s UI skinning is pretty comprehensive, but the current ROM is pretty slow, despite the 800 Mhz processor.
The device is set to be released in August 2009, with a WM 6.5 update in September/October 2009.
Makram also reports the Omnia 2 (GT-i8000) may have been delayed till November due to slow software, and that the Louvre may meet the same fate.
Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.