Nokia has locked down their Navifirm service, but as usual intrepid hackers have found a way to still access the latest firmware.
Navifirm Plus is a modded version of Nokia’s Navifirm app, which still allows firmware to be downloaded, and also in the latest 2.0 version offers the following improvements:
- New: NaviFirm+ automatically downloads and installs new updates
- New: Engine Rewritten from scratch
- New: Favourites Product Codes list
- Improved: transfer speed! network communication is gzip-compressed
- Improved: caching policy is handled by the server, you don’t need to worry about cleaning the cache to get fresh results
- Improved: refuses to add duplicated files to the download queue
- Improved: minor GUI improvements
- Removed: ShowExtendedInfo and ServerIndex settings
- Known Issues: doesn’t support proxy. Proxy support will be added in next releases.
The software is unfortunately not free, but can be had for a small donation.
Find the software at Symbian-toys.com here.