A controversy has been raging over President-elect Obama’s mobile e-mail solution of choice for the last few months.Â Apparently surgically attached to his Blackberry, routing all his e-mail through Canada is probably not the best solution for American national security.
It appears Windows Mobile has the solution, with this $3500 device!
According to the General Dynamics site, the SectÃ©ra Edge boasts the following:
- Secure and non-secure wireless phone, e-mail and web browsing
- Withstands rigors of both tactical and everyday environments
- Global roaming over GSM, CDMA or Wi-Fi* wireless networks
- Software upgradeable to VoIP
- Exchange secure e-mail with government personnel, including S/MIME BlackBerryÂ® users
- IPv6 software upgradeable
- Familiar MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® Platform
- Wireless desktop synchronization
- Separation of Classified and Unclassified applications
- One-touch switching between classified and unclassified PDA functions
- Advanced Security Features
- Secure wireless access to the SIPRNET and NIPRNET
- DoD PKI enabled Common Access Card (CAC) support
- Supports DoD 8100.2 requirements
- Type 1 encrypted storage of classified data
- Can be used inside closed areas with â€œSCIF-Friendlyâ€ feature
The site also mentions that it is “NSA-certified”
Windows Mobile has already proven to be powerful, but on the Mr Obama’s hip it will prove to be literally presidential!
Read more at Dallasnews.com