NoDo disables HSUPA on the Samsung Focus, here’s how to restore it
Included with extra goodies in the AT&T Samsung Focus update is apparently also a setting which deactivates HSUPA, meaning uploads will not be at the maximum possible speed.
Fortunately it is relatively easy to turn it back on again.
The instructions, via WPCentral, is as follows:
- From the number-dial screen:
- Enter ##634#
- Diagnostics screen should open.
- Enter *#32489#
- Test mode screen should open.
- Press back at the bottom (bottom right, not the phone’s back button)
- Press 5 for RRC (HSPA) control
- Press 1 to view what yours is set at (Kyle’s was Release 5 HSDPA only)
- Press 2 to change it.
- Press 3 to change to Release 6 HSDPA/HSUPA
- Press [end] to confirm.
Try the free Bandwidth tester from Marketplace here before and after to test for an improvement and let us know in the comments below.