It has been tough waiting in the RotW while USA and Canada have been having the new Windows Phone 8 update, which fixes a number of OS and device issues with theÂ NokiaÂ Lumia 820 and 920, roll out to their devices.
The good news however is that the update is finally being sent out to the rest of the world, according to NokiaÂ CommunityÂ Manager Micheals, who writes in the Nokia Forums:
n for customers with Nokia Lumia 820 and 920
A Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 software update providing performance enhancements for the Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 has started rolling out over the air. Delivery will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by mid-March. You will receive a notification on your phone when the update is available for you to download.
The update brings:
- Enhancements in Messaging
- Select all (for mass deletion)
- Text replies to incoming calls
- Internet ExplorerÂ improvements
- More efficient and reliableÂ Bluetooth connectivity
- More efficient and reliable start-upÂ sequence
- Enhancements in imaging performance and battery management
- Additional platform updates and enhancements
Unfortunately checking manually for the update does not result in any update popping up, but it is just good news knowing it is in fact on its way, if very slowly.