It seems Nokia is rolling out Lumia Black update throughout the world faster than we expected. My Nokia Lumia 920 unlocked device in India just got the update and my installation is in progress. Also, I had Windows Phone Update 3 preview installed on my device. Usually, unlocked devices gets update faster due to lack of carrier intervention. If you have an unlocked Lumia 920 or Lumia 820, better check for updates now.
Windows Blog Italia also report the Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 were receiving the update from WIND, Vodafone and also the unbranded version, while the Black update has also come to the Nokia Lumia 920 in India.
Lumia Black will bring the following improvements to your Lumia WP8 device.
- App Folder. This brand new feature makes your Lumia experience even more fluid by giving you an option to further personalize and organize your Start screen. With App folders you can group similar apps and settings into one folder, a tile, on your Start screen.
- Nokia Glance screen 2.0. Helps you keep track of information in real time, making all your most important notifications including: phone, messages, email, outlook, calendar, or any apps that use notifications such as Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, or games; always visible at a glance on your screen. It saves time and energy.
- Bluetooth LE. Will now be enabled across the full Windows Phone 8 Lumia range for compatible gadgets like the Adidas MiCoach smart run watch.
- Nokia Refocus. The amazing Nokia Refocus comes to all Windows Phone 8 Lumia smartphones with 1GB of RAM and upwards.
- Nokia Beamer. Sharing what’s on your phone is easier than ever with Nokia Beamer. You can now beam documents, presentations, anything you like, to any HTML5-enabled screen by simply scanning a QR code on the screen. It’s coming to all of the phones with 1GB RAM upwards.
- Nokia Storyteller. The app arranges your photos for you, by date and by place, making it easier to tell the stories behind your pictures, and give extra context through the close integration of interactive maps.
- Nokia Camera. Combines Nokia Pro Camera and Smart Camera to simplify the photo-taking experience, and ensure you get the perfect shot every time. The app has been available for Lumia PureView smartphones since last year, but it’s now coming to the rest of the WP8 Lumia range. The latest Nokia Camera update also brings raw DNG support for Lumia 1020 owners.
- Latest generation of imaging algorithms. The Lumia Black update further improves the image quality, especially in Lumia 1020. Among others, the improvements include a new oversampling algorithm, making your images more natural looking with reduced noise, while ensuring your photos remain wonderfully sharp
You can check our Lumia Black update availability here, though it seems to be running a bit behind the actual updates.
Have our readers been updated anywhere else? Let us know below.