Nokia today blogged about its global location platform which is turning out to be a great business and competitive advantage inÂ their other businesses. Nokia’s global location platform supports the following,
- Nokia’s Location-based apps
- Yahoo! andÂ Flickr
- Bing (therefore Facebook and other Microsoft map based solutionsÂ )
- Whole Windows Phone 8 ecosystem.
- Amazon for maps and geocoding
- Powers 4 out of 5 cars with in-dash navigation (e.g. BMW and Ford).
Nokia isÂ continuing to investing in this locationÂ business, creating content, building a platform and offering consumer apps. Read more about their work in the link below.
via: Nokia Conversations