The Oni: Light Control app, which allows users to control Philips Hue Connected Bulbs (which can be purchased online or at Apple Stores) has been updated to version 1.2 which brings 2 important changes.
New is support for NFC stickers, allowing users to pin lighting settings to specific tags which can then be placed around the house. Moods can now also be pinned to the start screen.
The other major feature is the addition of German support, which should please Windows Phone users there.
The full changelog for version 1.2 includes:
- Added NFC support. Associate moods with NFC tags!
- Added support for multiple languages, German language added. Special Thanks to Vincent W. for his German translations and testing assistance!
- Added ability to Pin Moods and Light States (reset & all off) to start screen.
- Added "Blink" button to identify bulbs when setting up rooms
- Added "Find New Bulbs" button for those who need to add additional bulbs to the hub
- Added global brightness slider to light states page
- Added 2 more Mood Presets
- Changed Rename Button on the Mood Setter to AppBar button
- Fixed issue where users were getting an error when attempting to add a bridge with set schedules. Thanks Sebastian R!
- Fixed issue where recent actions for specific rooms would trigger ‘all’ rooms
- Fixed Recent Actions error when attempting to delete an existing room
- Fixed other minor issues
The $3.99 app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here, and the developer is running a contest where he is giving away a Philips Hue Connected Bulbs Starter Pack worth $199.95, which includes 3 bulbs.
Read more about that at the Oni site here.