My name is TamÃ¡s Deme, and I’m the editor-in-chief of the hungarian Windows Phone 7 fansite, wp7.hu. Also, I made the app called Pip-Toy 3000, which hit version 2.0 yesterday.
The Pip-Toy 3000 is a mobile app version of the famous Pip-Boy 3000 from the Fallout game series. This little app incorporates functions and entertainment!Â
- Quests (to-do list, gaining XP for completed tasks)
- levelling up!
- online ranking system
- completed quests
- landscape mode
- aster eggs!
- Rad’o'meter (fake geiger counter)
- more fun
The app is already on the first page of the entertainment category, and this new update brought everything You’ve been asking for – and more!
Changes from version 1.5 to 2.0:
- International / national online ranking system (paid version only)
- Landscape mode
- Added 4 new color schemes aside the original green (the Pimp-Toy theme is only available in the paid version)
- Fixed a bunch of saving/loading/editing bugs
- You won’t get 1 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. point on every app start
- Completed quests are now saved and counted (the list can be deleted separately)
- New saving format which is much faster and won’t cause problems with special characters
- Pressing enter in textboxes now moves focus to the next field
- You can now set a nickname and country (the online data is tied to an anonymous ID generated from your live ID)
- Quests can have due dates
- New levelling algorithm that is more RPG like
- The XP you get after each quest is now based on the hardness of the quest
- Cool quest completion and level up animations
- 2 easter eggs (they are _really_ hard to find)
- a lot of UI modifications
- Resetting the app now works correctly
- Added a first-run screen (you can import quests from the old version there)
The app costs only $1.49 and has a trial version. You can get it from the marketplace by clicking here or scanning the QR code below!