Evleaks, whoâ€™s connections can not be denied, has just posted this tweet, suggesting Samsungâ€™s first new Windows Phone on Verizon should start shipping on the 24th, and presumably hitting stores soon after.
The mid-range Windows Phone 8 handset has already seen its official launch at CES and features:
- Super AMOLED Display (WVGA 800Ã—480)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback
- Front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video chat
- Global Ready calling and email capabilities in more than 220 countries in the world
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 8 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less) / 1 GB RAM
- Support for up to 64 GB microSDâ„¢ card
- 2100 mAh battery
- Photo Editor â€“ Edit photos (crop, rotate, resize, etc.) and adjust colors (contrast, RGB and hue) instantly; users can also add effects such as Pop Art, gray-scale, red eye correction and add decorations that include frames, stickers, etc. and share on Facebook, Picasa and Photobucket.
- Mini Diary â€“ Contains daily activities, photos and drawings; users can share their diary via social channels including Facebook, email, Picasa and Photobucket; users can back up and store information in the free cloud service SkyDrive.
- Now â€“ Provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly
Then it was announced for â€œthe coming weeksâ€, which it appears may be closer than we expected.
Are any of our readers tempted by this handset over the Nokia Lumia 822, which is not the prettiest handset, but does have Nokiaâ€™s special app sauce? Let us know below.