Browsing: app store

analysis nice-things-cat

There is a huge problem afflicting Windows Phone users in relation to apps. I’ll call it Vsco Cam syndrome. Why Vsco Cam syndrome? For those who are uninformed, there is an app on Android and iOS called Vsco Cam. It’s a really good photo editing app that has received a lot of praise. It’s also not on Windows Phone…

microsoft

Earlier this month, Microsoft updated their Windows Phone app for Mac with support for Windows Phone 8.1. Now, Microsoft has updated once again with no change logs. This v3.1.1 update must contain minor bug fixes. The Windows Phone app for Mac makes it easy to: • Sync music, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library to…

news

It’s been 10 months since Microsoft implemented their new and “improved” app search in the Store, and one glaring issue still exists: Keywords have almost no importance compared to the title of apps. This means that if you make a calendar app, and don’t have the word “calendar” in your app’s title, it probably won’t show up in search results…

marketplace

ABI Research has looked at App Stores from Google, Apple and Microsoft, and ranked them in terms of implementation and innovation. It will come as no surprise that the iOS App store led in terms of monetization, large market share over the app industry, and the ability to achieve a large inventory of titles while maintaining a reasonably strict quality…

developers image.png

There has been a lot of noise recently about a shortage of apps in Windows Phone 7 Marketplace. Winsource has done some research and found 76% of the 100 most popular app on Windows Phone, both paid and free, were cross-platform apps present also in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. The other 24% are mainly Xbox Live…

marketplace

After a number of applications in the iPhone App Store were found uploading user data to their servers (I suspect the same applied to the same apps in Marketplace) the California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris announced an agreement with with six companies whose platforms comprise the majority of the mobile apps market: Amazon, Apple, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft and Research…

developers image.png

Research2Guidance have released some numbers suggesting once again that the Windows Phone 7 marketplace deserves attention from developers. They show, compared to the iOS App store, each app will get 80% more downloads on average, ie. a random app on iOs may get 100 downloads per month on iOS and 180 in Marketplace. This of course is due to the…

marketplace image.png

According to WindowsPhoneAppList (somewhat more reliable than TechCrunch) marketplace has finally hit the 30,000 app milestone.  Marketplace took 312 days to reach that point, somewhat slower than the iPhone, but nearly 7 months faster than the Android Market. The progress is still following the trajectory of the iPhone App Store more or less, but with some slow down recently, possibly…

1 2 3 6