Back in May, Spotify released their completely redesigned app for Windows Phone users. The update brought in fresh, clear, and fast way to find the music with support for Spotify radio on Windows Phone. Today, Spotify made the app free for all Windows Phone devices. Users can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free.
Updated for Windows Phone users today – Spotify’s free mobile experience lets you shuffle play:
- All of the music. Listen to all the playlists you’ve created and playlists from the people you follow. Spotify lets you discover new music, save, shuffle and share.
- Your favourite artists. Want to listen to a certain artist? Just hit shuffle play, sit back and listen to their entire catalogue. Don’t settle for something similar. Don’t settle for just one track from the artist you want to hear every 20 minutes.
- Want the right playlist? Just Browse. Going for a jog or to the gym? We’ve got the playlist to help you go the extra mile. Hosting a dinner or getting ready for a big night out? We’ve got you covered. We even have playlists for different moods, so regardless of whether you need an upbeat boost or something more relaxing to wind down to – we’ve got just the thing.
Apart from these, this update includes a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and they have made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you. Download it here from your Windows Phone 8 device.
Fledgling DJ’s can rejoice, as edjing – DJ Turntables has finally made the jump from Windows 8 to Windows Phone.
With more than 18 million downloads after being voted as Best App of the Year at the AppAwards 2013 edjing is recognized as the best social DJ app on Windows.
The app lets you mix like a pro thanks to a very intuitive and refined user interface. Edjing offers a complete DJ tool with professional sound quality and then lets you share them directly to Facebook.
The app features:
- Unlimited access to your personal music library with display of track bpm
- Possibility to sort music by bpm.
- Sharing function to share your mix on Facebook
- 2 Turntables + Crossfader to realize professional-like transitions
- Scratch / Pitch on Vinyl like a real DJ
- A wide range of free sound effects FX: Cue, Flanger, Loop, Echo, Equalizer
- A very intuitive and refined user interface
- Wide Sound Spectrum for optimum Beats localization
- A store with additional effects (FX): Pre-Cueing, Reverse, Double flipping, Auto Scratch, Reverbs, Gate, TK Filter…
- Possibility to record up to a whole hour of mixing
- Recording in High Definition CD quality, wave format
- "AutoMix" mode for automatic transitions between titles of your playlists
- BPM synchronization (sync) to achieve seamless transitions
The free app has a community on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Download it from the Windows Phone Store here.
Music4Free is simply a nice app for the free-music lovers. Listen to unlimited free music, download songs and make your own offline playlists. You can even trim your music to make customized ringtones.
The main features are:
- Search for music or follow the hottest music list
- Download music for FREE
- Manage playlists
- Listen to the downloaded music
- Make customized ringtones from the downloaded music
There are actually many more features that I do not described here; figure them out yourself by downloading the app here.
Get ready for the ride of your life. Hyper Cell is a minimalist survival platformer game. You wake up in a cell, you don’t remember who you are and how you got there. Survive this psychedelic maze that beats to the rhythm of the music. This addictive 3D platformer and the amazing music tracks will keep you hooked. You have not seen thrilling action like this before! BEWARE, this game is only for the brave!
The game is FREE with Ads and In-App-Purchases. No purchase is necessary to play/progress through the game but the IAPs will provide a boost when most needed. Durable IAPs are shared across Windows Phone and Windows 8.
BleBlo was originally entered into the Core 77 Windows App competition in 2013. It has recently come out of development.
Ever wondered which of your friends have a specific book, blue-ray dvd or rare LP that you are looking for? BleBlo will help you find out which of your friends have those items.
BleBlo also helps you track who you borrowed which items to and sends them a notification when you would like it returned.
Beside the default categories which include Games, TV Series, Music, Books and so on you can also create your own categories.
To add items to your collection you can simply scan the barcode, and if BleBlo cannot find the item it is easy enough to add it manually.
Whatever you collect BleBlo, will help you manage and keep track of these collections.
BleBlo is available for $0.99, and can be downloaded by clicking on this link or scanning the barcode below.
Since the Windows Phone 8.1 update, many complaints have come in regarding the Xbox Music App. The reviews complain about the app being slow, and music taking a while to load. So lets take a look at Pros/Cons of some of the top music apps that Windows Phone has to offer.
EZTUBE is designed in the form of the original mobile Youtube application to bring users the real experience of using Youtube. EZTUBE provides virtually all the features that an user may need including: browsing categories (most popular, music, sports, gaming, etc.), channels, logging into user account, watching, rating, and giving comments. Furthermore, EZTUBE allows users to download videos for watching offline. The downloaded videos can also be converted to audio songs, which can be saved to the phone’s music library. Using EZTUBE users may figure out even more interesting features. The key features are listed below:
- Explore Youtube videos in different categories and channels
- Search for videos by keywords
- Watch HD videos, rate and comment videos
- Log into user account to watch personal videos
- Download videos and/or convert to audio songs
- Create playlist for listening to the downloaded music
- Listen to the downloaded music in different modes: sequential, repeat, shuffle.
- Save songs to the phone’s storage
EZTUBE is completely, no fee, no ads, no link to any third-party sites. Contact us: [email protected] if you have question.
Nokia MixRadio for Windows Phone devices today got updated to v184.108.40.2060 in Windows Phone Store. This is a minor update which includes revised branding(dropping ‘Nokia’ brand), tweaks to Facebook sharing, bug fixes and performance improvements.
- MixRadio is a streaming music service. It brings you free, personalized music with no advertising.
- Start listening with Play Me, an ever-changing mix based on the music you love.
- Use Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down to make the mix better each time you play. It’s like having your own personal radio station.
- Also includes hundreds of handcrafted mixes, create a mix, gigs, artist notifications, mp3 store and player, and of course the ability to save your favorite mixes for offline playback so you can listen even without an internet connection.
Download the update here from Windows Phone Store for free from your Lumia device.
Music lovers app Sleeve Music is currently offering their premium features, which normally requires an In App Purchase, for free for a limited period.
The app, which is powered by Nokia MixRadio and which draws your interests from your music library, Facebook and Last.FM, draws content from MusicBrainz, Nokia MixRadio, Last.FM, Soundcloud, YouTube, Songkick, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The app offers news, artist info, lets you stream music and also purchase tracks. The premium features includes notifications for news and the ability to change your lock screen.
Download the app, which is exclusive to Windows Phone, from the store here.
With Soundmap you can meet new people just by sharing your love for music.
Ever wondered what kind of music does the other side of the world listen to?
Ever wanted to talk to the cute girl with the headphones next to you in the bus, without knowing how to approach her?
Ever dreamed of meeting new people just by sharing your love for music?
Soundmap has the solution for you!
With just some small steps you can now join our community and start making friends just by listening to your favorite music!
Specific features :
Soundmap’s features are completely free and will always be. There’s and ad-free version at 0.99$. Get soundmap now!
Classic music player Foobar2000 is looking to make the jump from the desktop to mobile, including iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
They have collected a select team of developers to help them accomplish it, and are now raising money to fund the development.
foobar2000 mobile will be built from the ground up specifically for mobile devices, and the initial design brief is to stay true to foobar2000′s current ethos, pure playback, with advanced features pioneered by foobar many years ago such as bit perfect playback, replaygain and gapless playback.
After the release of Dubstep Pad has been almost six months. And here we have yet another application of this series, it’s Trap Pad. Now you can create Trap Music. Attached are several sets of samples, typical of this genre.
Trap Pad 1.0 features include
- Live Tiles
- Some new packs with samples
- Ability to change the samples (volume, pitch)
- Record track
Download from the Marketplace here or use the QR Code.
Cortana, the Windows Phone new personal assistant, does many useful things; Instead of searching for something you ask Cortana – so if you want to know what the weather forecast is, how many pounds are in a kilo or when Jim’s birthday is, you’ll ask and Cortana will give you the answer.
We are working on integrating Style Jukebox with Cortana so you can play and control your music with your voice. This version is currently available only through our Beta channel (until 8.1 will be released publicly), but we will be more than glad to give access to it.
What can you say to Style Jukebox (‘Jukebox’)?
- Play a specific track, album, artist or playlist
- Add a specific track, album or artist to queue
- Basic playback control: stop, resume, go next, etc.
- Ask what song is playing and what song is next
- Search your music library
To get your hands on Style Jukebox with support for Cortana:
- Go to www.get-jukebox.com
- Create a free account
- Write us an email at [email protected] so we can add you to our Beta channel
- In a few hours you’ll receive a confirmation with a download URL
Check out the video below with a DEMO of how Style Jukebox works with Cortana.
It’s the hands free way to play and control your music. Perfect for when you’re driving, jogging or just not in the mood for typing.
Looking forward for your feedback and for the final version!
-The Style Jukebox Team