For the next few hours twitter client Mehdoh is available for free,
courtesy of daily app deals service myAppFree.
The app, which is normally $0.99, features:
- Multiple Twitter account support.
- Soundcloud account support (stream/favourites/view profiles etc! with background audio player).
- Instagram account support (feed/popular/profiles/searching and instagram videos – IMPORTANT NOTE: No uploading to Instagram though, sorry!).
- Twitter Streaming (real-time feeds).
- Pin Twitter Searches or Lists to the main screen.
- In-line media previews for dozens of image providers.
- Vine video playback.
- Conversations history.
- Image / website previews in the app
- Lock screen notifications and live tile (WP8 only)
- Lock screen wallpaper (WP8 only)
- Voice commands (WP8 only)
- Fully customisable layout.
- An amazing new clutter-free photo timeline.
- Pocket and Instapaper support.
- Integration with Pouch app (WP8 only).
- Integration with MetroTube, myTube, and Youtube apps (WP8 only).
- LOTS more features and fully configurable.
Download Mehdoh from the Windows Phone Store here.
Mehdoh Twitter client got updated to v8.24 in the Windows Phone Store. This new update replaces the Aviary image editing suite with Nokia Imaging suite as the former is ending the support for Windows Phone devices. Also there is support for pull to refresh and other improvements. Find the full change log below.
+ Twitter – Replaced Aviary with Nokia Imaging
+ Twitter – Pull to refresh on some lists
+ Twitter – DMs are now grouped by sender
+ Twitter – Fix for retweeting a favourite
+ Twitter – Sharing images via Photo Hub now prompts which account to use if multiple accounts are set up
+ Twitter – Moved copy tweet to clipboard onto main menu for ease of use
+ Bug fixes
Download it here from Windows Phone Store for free.
Tweeting multiple people and managing your favorite hashtags is easier with #Hashtastic! This little app does all the heavy lifting for you, aggregating all the people that have mentioned you* into a single list of contacts, making it easy for you to show some love to your favorite Twitter pals. All you have to do is select the hashtags you want to use, tap on all their names and hit the Tweet button.
You can even import your Twitter lists and choose people from those too, making it even easier to show all your Tweeps some love!
New in Version 1.8
- Enjoy a fantastic UX refresh, thanks to DVLUP & Toledo2, including a new app tile icon
- Show off your phone with 54 new Avatar Gallery templates, including HTC and Samsung models
- Manage your Twitter Lists (create/delete, add/remove members)
- Create your own custom hashtag+phrases
- Go wide with Windows Phone 8/7.8 wide tile support
- Catch up easily with pull-to-refresh support for the people list
- Quickly access account options (Avatar Gallery, Twitter Lists) just by tapping the account name in the upper-right corner of the app
- Manage hashtag+phrases in app settings
- Experience better German Language support and application stability
Free Trial Conditions
The app is fully functional for 6 uses. At 4 uses, you’ll be reminded you’re using a trial version. When the trial expires, the premium features listed below are disabled. Otherwise, the app’s core function is fully usable even after the trial expires. Purchasing the app enables all premium features.
- Custom Hashtags+Phrases
- Twitter List Management
- Avatar Gallery
- Multiple Accounts
Have a feature you’d like to see? #Hashtastic is on User Voice.
* Currently the Twitter API only allows retrieval of your last 800 mentions
The official Twitter app for Windows Phone has been updated to version 126.96.36.199 today.
Besides the usual bug fixes and improvements the app has added notifications for new tweets, and will now also allow users to delete individual DM’s using a long press on the message.
Download it from the Windows Phone Store here .
OK, the headline is a bit over the top, but if you are on a limited data plan and had many twitter followers there is a good chance you went into overages last month as the People Hub hoovered through multiple megabytes of data trying to update the avatars of twitter contacts, the consequence of a change at Twitter’s end.
The good news is that the issue should now be resolves, as Microsoft has told the Verge:
Microsoft has confirmed, on November 10th, that the temporary issue is now resolved.
which is of course pretty much the same thing.
Now if I did have a limited data plan the 1 GB of data (half of it WIFI fortunately) I went through may have been a problem, and one starts to wonder about compensation, especially for those who are not blessed with Data sense, but since I have a truly unlimited data plan I will just celebrate the longer battery life.
Have many of our readers been affected? Let us know below.
The Verge reports that a server migration currently ongoing at Twitter is causing excessive data usage for Windows Phone users, with the People Hub using up up to half a gigabyte of mobile data per month.
Due to the ongoing changes at Twitter’s end the People Hub is regularly refreshing the profile picture of contacts in the People Hub. The issue, which is about a week old, is difficult to address until the migration is completely, but in the mean time Microsoft has slowed down the profile synching to once per day.
If you think you may be affected by this issue the only other mitigation would be removing the twitter account from your Windows Phone.
With my own data usage by the People Hub exceeding a gigabyte in the last 30 days, I am once again just glad for my unlimited data plan.
Are our readers affected by this issue? Let us know below.
Overheare, a geo-focused Twitter app, is now available exclusively for Windows Phone 8 users.
Overheare shows you the live Twitter stream in a new way. It doesn’t care much about Tweets by people you follow (you probably have an app for that already).
Instead, Overheare lets you check out what random people are tweeting about around you. Or in some other place of your choice. You can even tell it what languages you speak and it will filter out only those Tweets for you.
Maybe you want to check out reactions from that concert you wish you were at right now?
Or maybe see what is going on among English speakers in Hong Kong?
Perhaps you’re interested in Spanish reports from the location of a current event?
Just curious about what’s going on around your own town?
Simply zoom in on the geographical area you are interested in, press play and watch the Tweets come in.
- View a live stream of new Tweets, either in a list or on a map.
- Filter Tweets by location.
- Optionally filter Tweets by up to five languages.
- Standard Twitter actions, such as retweet, favorite, reply, follow Tweet author.
- Search by hashtags you overhear (also optionally filtered by language).
Overheare is a free app available exclusively for Windows Phone 8.Use requires a Twitter account.
Get it now from the Windows Phone Store
Its been two months since Twitter and Nokia promised a Windows Phone version of Vine is on the way.
Since then we have not seen hide or hair of the app, until today that is when an icon for the app turned up unexpectedly in the screen shots for the new updated Windows Phone Twitter app.
The tease suggests the app is pretty close to being done, and we hope Nokia is keeping it up their sleeve to announce at the same time as the Nokia Lumia 1520 on the 22nd.
The screen shot can be in the Brazilian Windows Phone Store, but oddly not in the US one.
Thanks Marcos for the tip.
Official Twitter app for Windows Phone devices got updated to v3.0 today. This new update brings in support for custom notifications, dark/light theme, ability to pin keyword searches to Start screen, support for lockscreen and more.
- Select your favorite Twitter accounts and receive notifications when they Tweet
- Customize your Twitter backdrop with either a dark or light theme
- Pin keyword searches to your home screen for quick access to Tweets on a topic
- Easily surface great content with improvements to Search and Discover
- Set your language preference in settings and get tweets translated in your timeline. Now with support for 13 additional languages!
- New Twitter lockscreen experience highlights interesting tweets on your home screen
Download it here from Windows Phone Store for free.
If you need to post updates to multiple social media profiles from your Windows Phone 8 device and find switching between the various applications tedious, then One Love will make your life easier. One Love allows you to share updates, links and photos to your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles simultaneously. No more jumping around between different applications.
The Professional version is available as an in-app purchase and allows you to add multiple Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles. It also allows you to share to Facebook Pages and LinkedIn groups, as well as Tumblr and Buffer.
Download it today from the Windows Phone Store, or head over to the One Love website for more information and sign up to the mailing list to be notified of future releases.
“Sigh! I missed my xxxxth tweet!” – Do you know this feeling?
Don’t worry, there is a solution for you. TweeCoMinder for Windows Phone monitors your tweet counts, and informs you via Live-Tile, Toast Notification or even email once you are near a special count like your 10000th tweet.
This small but powerful app has a lot of options for you:
- monitor your tweet counts and see how much you have left to your next special count
- set up custom Tweet Counts
- Live Tile and Toast Notification via Push (no background agent = no impact on you battery life)
- alert via email
- #WinPhan mode (adds the hashtag #WinPhan to all tweets sent through the app)
- #itweetalot mode (adds the hashtag #itweetalot to all tweets sent through the app)
- manual refresh of your cloud data
- manual refresh of your counts
- standard tweet templates
- save up to 4 custom tweet templates
TweeCoMinder has a 5 day trial without any limits, full version is available at 1.49$.
Download TweeCoMinder by scanning the QR-Code below or use this link.
See a short video demo after the break.
Twitter Tasks is a great way to store and manage your tasks. It has a simple design and it is very easy to use.
The interesting thing about this app is that your tasks are stored in the cloud. To be more specific the tasks are stored in a Azure database. This means that you can take your tasks on every WP device you own. It is also very useful in case you lose your phone.
Another interesting fact about this app is that after you finish a task, you’re prompted to tweet. That way you can share your experience with other Twitter Tasks users. The tweets go on the Twitter Tasks timeline.
Twitter Tasks features:
- You login with your twitter account
- Add new tasks that are stored in the cloud (Azure database), so you can take your tasks on every WP device you own
- After you complete a task you are prompted to tweet about your experience. The tweet will go on the Twitter Tasks Timeline. (You share this timeline with everyone that use Twitter Tasks, so have fun…)
- Complete tasks and visualize them
Twitter Tasks is available on the marketplace at the price of 3.49$. You can download Twitter Tasks by using this link or by using the QR code.
More information about this app you can find on the AnimusTek Studios website : www.animustek.com
Mehdoh, a popular social networking client for Windows Phone devices just got updated with few improvements and lots of bug fixes. Find the change log below. If you are not aware of this app, you should give it a try. It supports multiple Twitter accounts support, Instagram account support (feed/popular/profiles/searching and instagram videos), Soundcloud account support (with background audio player, view profiles, stream, favorites etc!), and more.
Version 7.21 and 8.21 Change log:
- Cache Management (under settings)
- Twitter – Changes to RTL display
- Twitter – Reinstated Refresh Count setting
- Twitter – Fix for gaps in Twitter Lists
- Brand new welcome screen
- Lots of small bug fixes
The app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.