Wants to keep your photos organized ? Photos diary is the best application to do that ! It organized automatically your photos by town.
You can display :
- your album in a timeline mode
- navigate in your albums
- pin your favorite albums
- create some beautiful mosaic to share your album
- create custom album
… and finally, photos diary is KIDS CORNER compliant ! You can choose which albums will be displayed in kids corner mode !
A free trial is available limited to 3 albums, if you like the application you can purchase it (O.99$) If you have suggestion, you can go to photosdiary.uservoice.com
To download it : www.windowsphone.com.
Vocal Camera is a brand new app that allows you to control the phone’s camera with your voice. You can also control the camera settings such as scene modes, flash, grid and you can switch between cameras. Vocal Camera comes with default voice commands to use but it’s possible to customize them as you wish, so if your language is not English you can change them with customized in your own language (only if your language is supported by Windows Phone, otherwise they will not work).
Another interesting feature is the possibility to change the recognition sensitivity. A low sensitivity will make easier to recognize commands but the phone might interpret background noises as commands. At the same time it’s harder to recognize with an high sensitivity but the phone will no make mistakes. The recognition is more efficient when using earphones with microphone, so we really reccomend to use them for a better experience.
The developer says that this is the very first version of the app so you can encounter some bugs and errors especially due to differences between devices. If this happens you can write to him and explain the issues. Actually the front camera doesn’t work on some devices but it will be fixed on the next update.
Before using Vocal Camera be sure to have the speech support installed on your phone. You can check it into Phone Settings -> Speech. You have to put a check un “Enable Speech Recognition Service” too. Vocal Camera is free and you can download it by clicking on the link below.
You and Me is about the relationships between you and your loved ones.
Ever had trouble keeping track of important dates in your relationships? Want to get something different for your loved ones this year but you forget what you got them on their last birthday? Do you like keeping track of everything your loved one has given you? Does planning an evening or buying a gift become complicated because you can’t remember details like favorite food, tastes in music, or sizes in clothing?
If you’ve run into any of these situations, You and Me is for you. These are just some scenarios in which you can use You and Me but there are many more features at your disposal:
- Keep track of dates and personal details that are important in a relationship; those details might come in handy when it’s time to pick a gift or plan a date.
- Keep track of gifts exchanged in the relationship; gifts are grouped by occasions and dates to help you figure out what you’ve recently given to your loved ones
- Pin your loved ones to your home screen as live tiles to gain immediate access to their profiles.
- Configure those pinned relationship tiles with countdown and countup timers to and from important dates; how long have you been together, how many days left until their birthday, how long since that first kiss
- View countdowns in days to the closest events from all your relationships on the app tile.
- Use Skydrive to backup/restore You and Me app data.
- Customize your phone’s lockscreen with custom image and with the timers and upcoming events information you see on the live tiles. (WP8)
- Create You and Me contact cards for the People Hub using the relationship details and dates you’ve provided. (WP8)
- Easily store relationship dates in your phone’s calendar. (WP8)
You and Me is available for WP7 & WP8 here in the Windows Phone Store for $0.99, with a trial version available. Trial version has ads and only allows adding up to 3 relationships.
I’m open to suggestions and feedback on other scenarios, use cases and details that could be incorporated into You and Me. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]
You and Me…because details matter.
World Guessr is a fun way to discover the world and to test your geographical abilities.
The goal is pretty simple: you’re transported in a random StreetView location on Earth and you have to guess where you are. The number of points you get depends on the distance between your guess and the real position.
A game is composed of many turns and you can add even add some options like a timed mode or the inability to move in the StreetView.
Want to challenge your friends? You can give them your phone and they’ll be able to replay one of your game with the exact same options, so you’ll be able to compare your final score!
If you think you’re up to the challenge, download the game and play today!
Only available on Windows Phone 8 but a Windows 8 version is coming!
NFC Commander is a Windows Phone application developed give you an easy and useful way to use the NFC capability of your Windows Phone.
The app was developed exclusively for windows phone platform and is designed to seamlessly integrate the OS using the Modern (metro) UI simplistic style with focus on typography giving the user an uncluttered straight forward experience.
There are plenty of nfc enabled applications but with NFC Commander you get the most complete experience. You can think of NFC Commander as an NFC hub if you like.
The main screen of NFC Commander let you pan through the main tabs which are : read , write , about , more.
If you want to see what’s written on a specific NFC tag, tap your phone to it and select what you want to see from the read tab. When you read a tag you can see some general information’s about it in the “tag information”, you can also see what’s really written in the tag on the “data in the tag” and if for some reason you want to see it there is option to take a look at the raw data (useful only for developers).
Now the interesting stuff, NFC Commander let you write to NFC tags actions your phone can do when you tap it to the programed tag. What’s even cooler is that most of those actions can be read/done by any nfc smartphone , windows phone or not. Obviously those who can’t be read by other smartphones are windows phone specific actions. So what can you do by taping an NFC tag?
- send an SMS to someone
- call someone
- send an email to someone
- share a location that open in Nokia maps
- share a web link
- share plain text
- launch NFC Commander
- open one of many windows phone settings
- show gigs around me*
- play artist mix*
- share artist details*
- launch Nokia Music*
*work only on Nokia Lumia smartphones as you need Nokia music
Planed update will allow you to create launch tags to any application.
Finally in the about tab you can get in-touch with me and let me know what feature would you like to see in the future, I’m open to all suggestion. You can also follow me on twitter @JasonPap_dev .
Briik is a funny and colored game in which you have to make groups of 4 same color block. More you do combos and more you gain points. Be careful about white block which falls when the jauge is empty. You can use 5 different skill when available, in order to optimize your score, or just to help you in hard situation. Features :
- 3 different game modes (Classic, Time-limit, Puzzle)
- Online leaderboard
- Facebook share
- You can unlock 15 successes
- Available both for WP 7.x/WP8
Download Briik here or scan the QR code.
My health is a windows phone application that allows you to always have with you your medical record.
- You can save the file number you want in the categories you want (Adult Baby Child).
- At each doctor visit, hospitalization, examination and treatment, you fill out to keep in memory processing, set a reminder in the calendar for the next appointment (WP8 only) or anything else important.
- You can also save your weight (and size for children and baby) to follow the evolutions through a graph.
- My health also has a geolocation module of health professionals who are nearby and you back up your data on skydrive to recover in case of failure of your windows phone or change.
The application is available in :
Follow up to the #1 free gym app on Windows Phone. Gym PocketGuide Pro helps you achieve your fitness goals with new premium features including:
- 100+ exercise and stretch guides (pictures, step by step instructions and videos powered by bodybuidling.com).
- Custom programs: create programs exactly the way you want them.
- Built-in 7 day programs: for men & women ranging from weight loss to muscle building
- Workout data recording: record sets, reps, weights and notes.
- Workout log: easily view your recorded data Workout graphs
- BMI calculator
- Rest timer
- SkyDrive integration: backup and restore data to your personal SkyDrive account. Keep your data safe and always with you.
This is a paid app but you can try it free for 7 days.
Get in shape for summer or stay in shape during winter! Achieve More. Go Pro.
Store link: windowsphone.com
Like on Facebook: facebook.com/GymPocketGuide
Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/GymPocketGuide
Weather Shoot allows you to place location tag on photos and share it with any social apps available on wp8, including Facebook, wechat, twitter, viber and etc, . It supports cities and places from all around the world.
It enables you to customize photos with different weather icons templates and save/ share photos with friends.
See a video demo after the break.
Games for kids is separated in 2 sections: learning and playing. each section has several topics: letters, numbers, colors, shapes, and counting. You must have understood: this game is for kids from 2 or 3 years old to help them to by having. And thank to that game, your kids will use your smartphone for a good reason… Note: that they can become addictive to that game!
This game is available for Windows Phone 7 ad Windows Phone 8, costs 0,99$. A trial version is available.
Do not hesitate: download it quickly from the QR Code below or here!
Today, Yatzy topped 1.000.000 unique users on Windows phone. The recent release of the new and improved Yatzy was widely embraced by players from all around the world and placed the game on top of the charts in many countries. The online mode is the place which gathers top players into the most exciting virtual Yatzy competitions, as for the risk takers, the betting mode accelerates the thrill for win and puts your limits on test.
“We are proud that 1.000.000 players recognized our work and made Yatzy part of their everyday lives. We receive amazing stories every day by our players how Yatzy has become part of their daily routine, family gatherings and hangouts with friends. I think we managed to revive the classic Yatzy and retain the main virtues of this game: fun, challenge and friendship!” – says Marija Keleshoska, Marketing specialist at Game.IO.
We all remember the scoreboard written on paper and set of dice, which brought us memorable moments filled with joy. Game.IO revived this classic game on Windows phone and Yatzy has been widely accepted by players from all over the world. The game is simply addictive and keeps the dice rolling going after the ultimate score – Yatzy.
To celebrate this achievement, Game.IO rewards its players with free Game.IO chips which can be used to place bets and win more chips, or play online the low/high stakes against top Yatzy players.
Doodle Jump, one of the most popular mobile games is now available for Windows Phone 8 devices. Even though the app was available long back for Windows Phone 7 devices, its developers took a long time to publish it for WP8 devices. This WP8 version does not have Xbox LIVE integration, so you won’t be able to earn any achievements.
How high can you jump?
Journey up a sheet of graph paper, perpetually jumping from one platform to the next, picking up jet packs, avoiding black holes, and blasting baddies with nose balls along the way. Laugh with delight as you blow past other players’ actual score markers scribbled in the margins. And be warned: this game is insanely addictive!
- Many fantastical worlds to play in – Space, Jungle, Soccer, Underwater, Snow, Halloween, Ice, Easter, and now NINJA!!
- Awesome power-ups to pick-up (JET PACKs, PROPELLER HATS, ROCKETS, trampolines…)
- Trippy obstacles to avoid (UFOs, black holes, and many, many monstrous monsters)
- Mad platforms to jump on (Broken, moving, disappearing, shifting, EXPLODING…)
- Global leaderboards, fun achievements! Beat your friends’ scores!
The game still remains addictive as ever and you can download it for $0.99 from Windows Phone Store here.
Lockscreen Wigitizer is now updated to a complete new framework with more options for battery and weather icons and new weather description. New version includes:
- New framework
- New Weather Description Page
- More Icons for Weather and Battery
- Auto + manual Location
Lockscreen wigitizer is a unique application that will customize any windows phone 8 lock screen using live battery icon, whether Icon with five days forecast and Recent Agenda . Moreover, background image can be selected from different options including Bing, multiple saved photos and more.
See a video demo after the break.
Experience the only way to truly be able to practice Chinese on your own – by using your voice.
Designed for beginners and casual learners, TAWKABLE™ Chinese is a unique story-driven game that uses voice recognition to help you master the essential Mandarin Chinese words and phrases for getting around modern-day China. Learn how native Chinese speakers say things as you immerse yourself in practical scenarios that are set in actual locations in Shanghai. Develop useful conversational skills as you practice using over 220 individual words and phrases in hundreds of different situations.
Developed by MNE Creations, a mobile educational games company focused on making awesome and effective language-learning games, TAWKABLE™ Chinese has been tested on scores of beginning language-learners who can’t get enough of the game:
- “I feel like I’m actually learning something”
- “It’s fun”
- “Wow, that’s how you say that word in Chinese? Cool.”
Don’t just take our word for it. Check it out! TAWKABLE™ Chinese will officially be released on August 7th, 2013, and was developed exclusively for the Windows Phone 8 platform first under the Microsoft/Nokia AppCampus program. A set of levels and features will be available for FREE!
Can’t wait? Download now via the Windows Store link or by scanning the QR Code below.
“Equal!” is a simple and addictive puzzle game. To clear the levels, all you need is to use your finger to move the number cards to arrange mathematical equations.
This is everything new in V1.4
- Brand new ultimate level is unlocked! Not only can you play this mysterious hidden level, you are also eligible to win a special prize that is worth more than USD$79.99.
- New cloud storage function: All levels, gold coins, and diamonds will be saved automatically. You won’t lose your savings!
- The game is fully optimized, because the efficiency goes up, you will play the game double smoothly!
The free version of “Equal!” can be downloaded HERE or at the QR Code.
Numerous Reddit users have been experiencing random battery drain on their Windows Phone 8 devices.
With this bug, WP8 devices will rapidly consume energy, bringing a battery from 50% to dead in just a couple of hours when not even being used. There have been about 18 posts on Reddit in the past few months complaining about this issue.
It is hypothesized by many Reddit users that a process gets “stuck” in Windows Phone 8, causing the battery to drain rapidly. Restarting your phone will fix the issue temporarily… until the process gets stuck again.
Sounds like … you have a stuck process. A reboot will fix it. This is an ongoing problem with WP – Chaosphere_
I been doing this [rebooting to clear stuck process], happens every few days to a week – Life_Of_A_Cat
My Lumia regularly gets really hot and the battery just melts. Though I’m kinda dealing with it – Xodium
Yeah. It’s happened a few times. A reboot usually solves it – Valaaris
Ultimately this is an issue with the WP8 operating system. Microsoft restricts apps so that unresponsive apps are closed and terminated. Yet somehow, batteries are suffering from incredible battery drain. Microsoft has not yet responded to this issue.
Are you experiencing this issue? Share your experience in the comments.