TED Mobile – Watching TED Talks with subtitles and Offline downloading
Do you often listen to TED talk (www.ted.com). Check out TED Mobile for Windows Phone.
TED Mobile is an unofficial client to listen to TED talks. You can listen to latest talks or create your own favorite talk list. English subtitle is also provided.
Moreover, you can also download talks to view offline later. This is very helpful as you can download your favorite talks using WiFi, then go out and view the talks when you are going outside. These offline talks will save your 3G data usage, while you can still enjoy the talks on the go. You will not have to endure waiting for slow connection as well.
You can also pin the live tile to your start screen to see the latest talk at just a glance.
- View latest TED talks.
- Create your favorite talk list.
- Filter talks by keywords
- View talks with English subtitle.
- Download talks to view offline later.
- Pin live tile to your start screen to quickly see new talks.
- We implemented talk downloading with Background Transfer API of Windows Phone, so the talks can be downloaded even after you close the app. You can also queue multiple talks and let the phone handle everything! Just keep in mind that the downloading may be paused if WiFi connection is not available or the phone is not plugged in (depending on talk file size and current battery level). Those status will be showed in the app as well.
- Currently there is an issue when you delete a talk that is in downloading process. We are investigating this issue and will fix in the next update.
You can download TED Mobile by this link or using this QR code.