WhatsApp update finally brings proper background agent, fixes notifications bug
After a huge problem with notifications recently, WhatsApp has pushed out a significant update to their Windows Phone app which takes it to version 2.10.488.
The most significant of these is (on windows phone 8) that WhatsApp no longer uses background audio to maintain a connection to their service, but instead uses a proper background agent. This will solve a large number of bugs users have been experiencing with unreliable connections.
The app also has an improved UI, supports Fast Resume, the Notification bugs has been fixed and it supports new languages.
See the full changelog after the break.
- User interface improvements
- Support for new languages.
- Abandonment of the APIs related to streaming music that left started to keep the connection to the service (Only on Windows Phone 8)
- New Emoticons
- Fixed problems with notification
- Ability to see the emoticons even in rectangular Tile
- Support Fast resume (If the app is open and you step on a notification arrives, the message opens in an immediate way)
- When you first start it will ask you to back up the chat
- Images displayed in a larger format
- Ability to make a phone call to the selected contact
WhatsApp is $1 per year, and can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.
Via Plaffo.com, thanks Bruno for the tip.